Sometimes it is a chore to eat healthier. Some healthy good for you’ food can have a lack of taste. Granolas have been (in the past) a little blah for me. Well that has all changed. I got to try Ola Granola this last week. They keep it simple with all natural ingredients, not overly crunchy and very fresh flavor.
Ola has an interesting mix of grains, nuts, and a little fruit. It is also an addictive snacking granola with flavors like Vanilla Almond, No Nut Vanilla, and Cranberry Orange Pecan. You can also use it in your favorite recipes, like my Sweet and Sour Meatloaf recipe below. I love how the Ola No Nut Vanilla Granola gave it a whole new delicious taste.
About Ola Foods
Growing up in a family of eight, Dina Houser enjoyed her mom’s healthy, homemade, great-tasting granola — the same satisfying recipe she recreated as a working mother of three young boys. Carefully fine-tuning her family’s recipe – using whole grains, nuts, and pure maple syrup – Dina’s hand-baked granola quickly became everyone’s favorite ready-to-go breakfast, snack and topping. After years of being urged to make her granola available to food lovers everywhere Ola Foods was launched on Earth Day in 2009.
Check out my recipe for
Sweet-and-Sour Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 5 tablespoons ketchup, divided
- 2 tablespoons prepared or spicy mustard
- 1/2 cup Ola No Nut Vanilla Granola
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons natural Honey
- 1 tablespoons cider vinegar
•In a large bowl, combine the egg, 2 tablespoons ketchup, mustard, Ola Granola, onions, add dash salt and dash pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into an oval loaf.
• Place in a shallow 1-qt. baking dish. Cover and microwave on 375* for 40-60 minutes or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°; drain.
• Meanwhile in a small bowl, combine the honey, vinegar and remaining ketchup; drizzle over meat loaf. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 4 servings.
You can find other ideas and recipes on the Ola website!