Welcome to the Good Eatin’ Recipe Hop
The ‘Pitch List’ Bloggers
Every Tuesday you can join us to share great recipes………
There are no specific themes.
Add your recipe of choice to the linky.
No Giveaways Please…all giveaways will be removed.
We Love Comments! Please Share!
Well, trying to convince hubby to eat a bit healthier has been an uphill battle up til about 8 days ago. Had quite a health scare and now he has become quite agreeable. You know how it goes… Meat potatoes, lots of fried stuff and lots of salt! So for the last week it has been a lot of baked, whole grains, fruits and fresh or frozen veggies. Of course I threw out the salt and went with a lite salt.
Now since he has been such a compliant man, I surprised him with a great meal of Cottage Cheese (with blueberries), a nice salad with a Catalina Lite dressing, a baked pork steak, and Fried Asparagus Spears (fried in canola oil) with a great dipping sauce.
Fried Asparagus Spears and Dipping Sauce!
8 asparagus spears
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 eggs, beaten
1 cups fresh bread crumbs
1/2 cup Canola oil for frying
1/2 cup lite mayonnaise
1 green chili peppers,sliced thin or chopped.
A few dashes of Hot sauce
- Wet asparagus lightly with water. Then coat w/flour
- Dip asparagus in beaten egg. cover well.
- Roll the asparagus in a layer of breadcrumbs.
- Place on a plate and refrigerate, This allows the coating to stick.
Stir mayonnaise, green chilies, and hot pepper sauce together in a small bowl for dipping sauce.
- Heat vegetable oil in a fry pan over medium heat.
- Fry coated asparagus in the hot oil until golden brown, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Serve immediately with dipping sauce.
So, let’s just say this went over well with the hubby. He was pleased with the meal so was I.
Now you can checkout all the other great recipies in the linky below…