I Want A Back Yard Makeover!

100_3156My back yard is well-known for the two main crops of Oklahoma…. Rocks and Ticks! I can deal with the ticks, but those darn ROCKS are rather irritating. I want to draw attention away from that uninteresting terrain and put in some memorable items that will be pleasing and relaxing. As many of you know , I recently attended Disney Dreamers Academy at Disney World and got the chance to see the 2014 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival. From the dazzling gardens and stunning topiary displays, I was in heaven.  Well, that was all fine, but reality is… I don’t have an army of gardeners and designers to turn my back yard into a wonderland! I should point out at this time that my green thumb is actually more a like black thumb.

Arcadia-PergolaSo, this has gotta be something I can pull off myself. I was thinking about a lovely outdoor arbor. Something like a covered arbor sitting area for entertaining, or just relaxing. I found this adorable Arbor at YardEnvy.com that I believe I could really work with.

I feel redesigning your yard is not something that you can do overnight. It takes time and thought. Whether you want a secret garden, or just a little quiet sitting area under a shady tree.You can create a lavish outdoor retreat on a budget. Go on the hunt at antique and flea markets to find unique and incredible old pieces to add flair to your surroundings. Most can be painted and refurbished to make a great conversation piece.

Now, take some time and make your plan… Don’t let your back yard go to waste. Grasses and flowers are not the only foundation of landscaping for this precious space. I am off to set my plan in motion. Goodbye ugly rocky terrain, and Hello to my new outdoor paradise!

Tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to I Want A Back Yard Makeover!

1. Of all the times I have been to Disney, I have never been there for the International Flower & Garden Festival. Although, they do have amazing topiaries all year round.
    Robin (Masshole Mommy) recently posted…The Old North Church – BostonMy Profile

2. I did a lot of work on my gardens last year, this year I really need to tackle the lawn & driveway.

3. Allyson says:

Ahhh, I need a serious yard makeover too. We moved into our new house 2 years ago, and we still haven’t put any landscaping in the backyard, it’s embarrassing!
    Allyson recently posted…#ad Gluten Free Buffalo Chicken Grilled CheeseMy Profile

My yard could use a professional touch! It is a acre and that is huge to take care of!

5. The Flower & Garden Expo must have been amazing! We could definitely use someone to help design our backyard better!
    Lois Alter Mark recently posted…five new books to welcome spring!My Profile

6. Ohmagoodness, I need a backyard makeover, too. My backyard is the pits.
    Virginia @thatbaldchick recently posted…Our first AWANA Grand PrixMy Profile

7. brett says:

I would love a back yard makeover. or at least a backyard facelift!

You’re so right! Letting a backyard full of wonderful things go to waste is sad. Some great ideas and love the pics here!

9. Sandra says:

We have a huge back yard and it needs things done or at least I think so, my husband doesn’t agree. But I do one thing a year…big things. This year we are getting two trees.
    Sandra recently posted…“The Panchito” Virgin Pina Colada with Caramel SwirlMy Profile

That covered arbor is really neat. We want to redesign our backyard too, but I never know where to start.
    Pam recently posted…Rabbit’s Carrot Cupcakes #recipe (Winnie the Pooh themed fun)My Profile

11. Lisa Jones says:

My Yard Needs Desperate Help I Can Use All The Help I Can Get!! LOL!
    Lisa Jones recently posted…Got Some Clearance Deals At Target, Saved $71.73 Paid $63.42/My Shopping Trip!My Profile

12. We have been working on our yard for the past couple of years. Last summer we installed a fire pit and a front flower bed. This summer we will install the shed and another flower garden. We have so much work left but that’s half the fun right!

13. I can’t wait to have a backyard! We are in apartment living right now. I do love the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival. I’ve been a few times and just love it.
    Maggie @ The Love Nerds recently posted…Fabric Ball Spring WreathMy Profile

14. Oh man, there is nothing more exciting than a well landscaped yard. I would love to have pretty topiaries like Disney!
    Amy Desrosiers recently posted…Puritan’s Pride® Natural Cold & Allergy Remedy Essentials Review and Giveaway!My Profile

15. Aly Mashrah says:

I’d love a backyard makeover. Ours is currently hideous!
    Aly Mashrah recently posted…I don’t spend enough time with ZachMy Profile

16. Me too, I really just want a backyard big enough for my kids to run around and play!
    Mama to 5 BLessings recently posted…Toilet Paper Tube Snake Kids Craft (Learn & Link WITH LINKY)My Profile

17. A year ago we built a deck, a walkway and concrete slab for hot tub. We furnished and completed it all, just need the tub now! Love our backyard!
    Claudia Krusch recently posted…Spring Trends #MakeupMy Profile

18. We have a huge back yard, but it’s all one big flat square. It’s a little overwhelming with all the possibilities!
    Wendy @ ABCs and Garden Peas recently posted…How to Make a Dye-Free Pink Ombre CakeMy Profile

19. Danielle says:

This is so gorgeous! I could definitely use a backyard makeover ;)
    Danielle recently posted…Discover the Shaman in YouMy Profile

20. Rosie says:

Ah I love garden make-overs! Hope you keep us updated on yours!
    Rosie recently posted…The Business Plan Project: Lesson three: Where you want to beMy Profile

21. I want a backyard makeover too! Those pics are amazing!
    Christy @A Woman The World Deserves recently posted…Is Trapping a Man with a Baby Now a Part of Female CultureMy Profile

22. Mu home offices my backyard and I see that it has a lot of potential. I have a lot of ideas in mind.
    Janeane Davis recently posted…Spring Cleaning – Your Business Needs ItMy Profile