I Am Looking Forward To Canning Goodies From My Garden! I Can’t Wait!

garden goodiesYou plant a garden… You tend and water the garden… Now watch it grow! I just love the anticipation of getting the first produce from our little plot of home-grown goodness. Trust me when I say that canning opens up a whole new world of fresh and tasty! As canning season approaches I will once again have the EspacularHubby and EspacularGrandchild lending a hand. Instead of spelling out every thing and step. Of course I will have Cook’n program set up on my laptop where I put the recipes and instructions. Saves me so much time and I can carry on with the prep work.

salsaI have decided to change-up one thing this year…. instead of marking with permanent markers, I am going with canning labels! I think, why not finish for our hard work with a beautiful label?

Last year we made 125 jars of Salsa, Tomatoes, and juice all done in one night! Talk about an assembly line. We had a blast! I really think this is a pretty sight and we plan to do this again for the upcoming season and labels will be perfect to top off our hard work.

I have been canning most of my life. I look at it as safe-keeping a taste of summer. You see, we put a lot of effort into harvesting our home-grown goodies and the result is worth it. We get fresh tasting food that is packed with ingredients that I know are good for my family. None of those unpronounceable preservatives.

apple pie fillingAnother thing I like about canning my own produce, is I can make things that meet certain dietary needs. With our huge love of apple pies and plenty of apple trees, canning is a must. The problem is there is diabetes in our home so by canning my own pie filling, I can cut out the sugar and use sweetener instead. There is just no comparison! Yummy goodness all year long!

So am I ready for canning season….. OH Yeah! As tasty plants break through the ground, the canning urge hits. So hard to wait, but it WILL be worth it!

Tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to I Am Looking Forward To Canning Goodies From My Garden! I Can’t Wait!

1. Sarah says:

Oh my gosh… you did this last year!!!!! Awesome. No one in my family knows how to can. I would love to learn.

2. Carrie says:

I will be your test taster!

Sounds like a great plan! Gosh I wish it would warm up in Wisconsin so we can plant our garden!

4. Barb says:

This is just awesome. Love the idea of fresh food. Labels would be real pretty too.

5. Carol says:

I love canning my own veggies and fruits also. Such better taste.

6. It looks like you are gonna end up with a pretty nice haul. And there really is nothing like home grown!
    Robin (Masshole Mommy) recently posted…Boomer’s Playland in Carver, MAMy Profile

7. Cindy says:

I just started canning last year. It is a lot of work but it is worth it.

8. Janet says:

I freeze a lot of our veggies from the garden. I like having them in the winter months.

9. This is going to be our first summer with a garden.
    I’m just wanting to grow anything…canning will come one day.
    Count down to planting is ON!
    Heather Lawrence recently posted…Paper or Plastic or both?My Profile

My parents used to have a huge garden and can most of the crop for winter, when we didn’t have fresh veggies. The taste was so much better than storebought canned foods!
    Pam recently posted…What’s In Your Bag? Make a Duct Tape BagMy Profile

Oh wow! No way! This is amazing. I wish I could do this. the most natural way to preserve your food!

12. I have never done canning before but it sounds like an amazing way to keep food fresh and costs down. Very convenient!
    Mama to 5 BLessings recently posted…Bigger Than Him — Almost Wordless Wednesday W/ LinkyMy Profile

13. Love this! My husband has been growing a vegetable garden, and it would be great if he learned how to do this!
    Lois Alter Mark recently posted…win a copy of “gloria” on dvdMy Profile

14. I love to can my own fruits and veggies too!
    Amy Desrosiers recently posted…Mother’s Day Gift Idea: Personalized Framed Prints – Loving You BearMy Profile

15. Unfortunately as an apartment dweller, gardening and canning aren’t possible for me. The closest I can get is a flower box on my window! LOL

I would love to can my own tomato sauce though! :-)

And gee thanks, now I want PIE! LOL
    Tracy @ Ascending Butterfly recently posted…Celebrating the #GreatestMom is Easy w/ Mother’s Day Buying Guide Selections from @BestBuy + #TwitterParty!My Profile

16. Sandra says:

Me too girl! I am right with you. Almost the season to plant. YAHOO!
    Sandra recently posted…Easy Wrapped Biscuit Breakfast SandwichMy Profile

17. You have more patience then I! I would love to have a garden, but I don’t have the patience. But I’d love some stewed tomatoes :)
    Lia Moore – Full Circle Eventi Design recently posted…Wedding Planning Boot Camp is HERE 2014 – Virtual StyleMy Profile

18. Debi says:

That’s amazing. I wish I could garden enough for that.
    Debi recently posted…Easing Bothersome Symptoms with Zim’sMy Profile

19. OMGosh I am so so jealous!! I wish I could learn how to do this, it would be so convenient to have this kind of stash!!
    Danielle @ We Have It All recently posted…Use Member Assist @ShopYourWay to Get Answers to Your Shopping Questions #adMy Profile

20. Char W. says:

Wow you do an amazing job. We have a garden every year (starting late this year) but we’ve never tried canning. It would be definitely worth it though. I can imagine how much money you’d save as well.