Ozark Mountain Hoe-Down w/ Carl Acuff Jr.! ‘Eureka’ In Eureka Springs!

eureka buttonFor 33 consecutive seasons, the Ozark Mountain Hoedown has been entertaining visitors in Eureka Springs. The 2014 show is no exception with Carl Acuff Jr. at the helm of  fantastic musical and comedy presentation. With New and Classic Country, Gospel, then throw in some Do-Wap, Motown,  and Disco.

The Ozark Mountain Hoedown is the 4th longest running music show in the Ozark’s. It was built by Jay & Judy Potter in 1981 and has continuously had a great family oriented music show.

708_103_0498 Fred Reeves- Keyboards/Vocals, Jackie Harris- Lead Guitar/ Bass Guitar/ Vocals,

Carl Acuff Jr.-Bass/Keys/gtr/drums/ lead vocals and emcee, Wayne Hackett-drums

and Bubba FiskSteel Guitar, Rhythm Guitar, Fiddle/ Vocals!

With such an outstanding cast you cant go wrong!

Carl Acuff Jr. has won the 2011 ORAE Entertainer of the Year and the 2011 ORAE Male Vocalist of the Year, He started playing drums when he was 3 and began singing in the church choir by the age of 6. In his teen years he was doing the theater shows in Branson. He then went on the road full time in 1994.  Carl shared his views of what visitors can expect with his show.

“I believe there is a need for great family-orientated entertainment in this country. We have moved away from that. I am just happy I am able to present something that you can bring Grandma to and you can bring your 5 year old. They are not going to see something they may be offended by and it will be something they will enjoy,” Carl stated.

I can say it was a fantastic show with a few twists! LOL!

ozark1page Oh and since it was my Sister’s Birthday, Carl was happy to ask one of his guest stars to serenade her!

pennybday-tile

(Yeah! I know I will be paid back for this one!)

Carl also told me he plays every instrument on stage. That includes the washboard.

acuff 2page We also must not forget the other special guest star… The one and Only.. Tina Turner!

(I promise you will never be the same when you hear ‘Rollin on the River’ after you see this performance!!!!!

tina-tile This was a great show, with interesting and fantastic costuming, plus awesome music and comedy.  With audience participation, impersonations and  a salute to all of our men and women in uniform… I guarantee you and your family will have a good time!

SO… Is Carl Related to Roy Acuff?  I know, but you should ask him yourself!!!

I want to thank Carl Acuff and Ozark Mountain Hoe-Down Theater for having us.

On October 18, 2014 at 7:30pm Grammy Award winner Jeannie Kendall of “The Kendall’s” will be at the Ozark Mountain Hoedown for 1 great performance with Carl Acuff Jr. and the Ozark Mountain Hoedown.

Jennie_Kendall Jeannie’s hits include: “Thank God For The Radio”, “Heaven’s Just a Sin Away”,  “Sweet Desire”,  “The Pittsburgh Stealers” and many more.  She has been nominated for and won several awards,  6 number 1 hits, and a Grammy.  This will be a great night of family entertainment you won’t want to miss. Just head over to Ozark Mountain Hoe-Down to find out more.

10171784_513366768773495_5308979290155490001_n 3140 E. Van Buren, Eureka Springs, Arkansas 72632

Phone 479-253-7725 theater; 870-429-5915 business office

Email hotlicksentertainment@yahoo.com

Ozark Mountain Hoe-Down

Tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

36 Responses to Ozark Mountain Hoe-Down w/ Carl Acuff Jr.! ‘Eureka’ In Eureka Springs!

1. Janet says:

This sounds like fun. I really need to go and check this out.

2. Joanne says:

OOO I love the Kendalls. Now that song Heavens just a sin away is stuck in my head! Bet your sister will be getting even soon. Hope she had a great birthday!

Sound like a really great time for the entire family. If I am ever in that area I will be sure to check it out.

4. No way – that sounds like so much fun. What a great way for the family to spend an evening!
    Robin (Masshole Mommy) recently posted…Skinny Lemonade RecipeMy Profile

5. That sounds like so much fun! I love a good family friendly show that is entertaining!
    April @ Everyday Fitness and Nutrition recently posted…Friday FavesMy Profile

6. I love Rollin on the River! How fun!

7. Jaime says:

This looks like such a fun event. I love great musical shows such as this!
    Jaime recently posted…Transitions. #toddlerlifeMy Profile

8. It looks like you are having such a great time in Eureka Springs! I love the old fashioned styles and shows.
    Everyday Living with Chrys recently posted…Homemade Migraine RemedyMy Profile

9. sarah says:

Wow! Looks like a good and fun show. Will have to plan on seeing this. I never realized Eureka Springs had so much going on.

10. laura says:

This looks like a LOT of fun!! I grew up in IA and had visited the Ozarks, but I moved away years ago. The entertainment there has always been great.
    laura recently posted…Confessions over Coffee – vol 1My Profile

11. That is so cool! If I was your sister I would be planning payback!
    Shasta Walton recently posted…Biblical Lessons From Frozen: BitternessMy Profile

12. Scott says:

Tina Turner? That would have been a treat in itself!
    Scott recently posted…Your Man Loves Luxury as Much as You!My Profile

13. Kayla says:

It looks like you definitely had a memorable time! Fun!

Looks like a great show! What a fun time!

15. This looks like an awesome event! I love GOOD country music. Not that hiphountry stuff that’s on the radio now.
    Ben @ Cheap is the New Classy recently posted…Win Tix To See Paula Deen Live! Charlotte, NC: 9/24 {US Ends 9/18} #ad #PaulaDeenLIVE #PaulaDeenNetworkMy Profile

16. Marina says:

What a great event. I’d love to go to something like that. Old school country music is the best.
    Marina recently posted…HarperCollins Book Guide for Kids (2014 Fall Publications)My Profile

17. deb says:

Sounds like a fabulous time!
    deb recently posted…Haunted GettsyburgMy Profile

That looks like an awesome show. I would love to see it one day.

19. Debra says:

I love listening to live music. Sounds like a great show. I hope to see it someday.
    Debra recently posted…In the Cross Hairs – SoCozy Children’s Haircare Product ReviewMy Profile

20. Veronica says:

I would love to go to a hoe down. I am sure there are plenty opportunities here in Texas
    Veronica recently posted…Check Out Our New Online Gift ShopMy Profile

21. Megan says:

The Ozarks sound like a fun time. That’s really cool Jon plays every instrument.
    Megan recently posted…Fitness Friday: Beginning the JourneyMy Profile

22. Theresa says:

One of my favorite things to do is watch live entertainment. This sounds like a good, clean, fun show!
    Theresa recently posted…You Never Forget Your First Concert!My Profile

23. Camesha says:

That sounds like fun. I can’t remember the last time I’ve been to a live show.
    Camesha recently posted…5 Tips for Rocking SAHM (ommyhood)My Profile

24. I love a good Elvis impersonator. Thanks for the tips!
    krystalskitsch recently posted…Refresh Your Home With HavertysMy Profile

How fun! And I’ve never seen a washboard played in person, I bet it’s pretty cool.

26. Amanda says:

This looks like so much fun! I’d love to see this show!

27. Jenn says:

Sounds like a ton of fun! The Ozarks sure are a beautiful place!
    Jenn recently posted…The Perfect Deviled Eggs for Your Tailgating PartyMy Profile

28. Stacie says:

Live entertainment is always so fun! Have to travel out that way soon!

I’m with you. I love when it’s a show that the entire family will enjoy. You sure find the best entertainment out there.
    Liz Mays recently posted…Gummy Drop Match-3 Puzzle Game + iPad Mini SweepstakesMy Profile

30. Lisa says:

That is one thing I haven’t done in the Ozarks! Looks like I need to make another trip. 🙂
    Lisa recently posted…Build Positive Self Esteem: What #BeautyIsMy Profile

31. Gwenn Panny says:

Wow. How fun! I want to go there.
    Gwenn Panny recently posted…ResourceMy Profile

32. kristin says:

sunds like a great time. wish i lived nearby
    kristin recently posted…Halloween Recipe – Silk® Potato and Leek Body Parts SoupMy Profile

33. Kendra says:

Your whole trip has seemed awesome! I would love to hear rolling in the river, actually on the river.
    Kendra recently posted…So that one time at the Family Forward Conference….My Profile

34. This sounds like a lot of fun! Wish they had something like this near me!
    Barbie’s Beauty Bits recently posted…Win Tickets To See One Direction & Autographed Makeup SetsMy Profile

35. That sounds like it would be a lot of fun! I bet our whole family would be dancing! 🙂
    Shannon Gosney recently posted…Make a Natural Difference with Smucker’s Natural Peanut Butter + Giveaway!!!My Profile

36. SOunds like fun. I love seeing a good band.
    Tonia @TheChattyMomma recently posted…Recipe: Barilla Penne Salad with Roasted Peppers #ShareTheTable (VIDEO)My Profile