Spooktacular Time at Great Wolf Lodge in KC! We Stole the Grandkids!

deb and penny11On the lamb with grandkids at  Great Wolf Lodge in Kansas City! I think it is safe to say we all had fun. The people there were just awesome. I can also tell you that this place is very attentive to family fun. The day before our trip, I snagged my granddaughter at school and headed to my sister’s house in Kansas. We then loaded up the kids AND what looked like enough stuff to last a week (the kids called it necessities) the next morning for our trip to KC.

The Lodge is such an impressive sight… A real rustic retreat in the big city. We got checked in and headed to our family suite with 3 (yes 3} large overstacked luggage carts. The room was very spacious and clean. Of course the first thing that had to be taken care of was eating… wow, they are always hungry!  We headed to Camp Critter Bar and Grille. I think it was great to eat there. After the drive, we did not want to get out to find a restaurant. Very decent price for the 5 of us and the decor was fun.

page1

Of course the main attraction is the Waterpark and we made our way there for some afternoon fun.

page2

Since they were having a Howl-0-Ween celebration we headed back up to our room to get ready for the festivities. We grabbed some Pizza from their Hungry As A Wolf takeout menu from Camp Critter because the kids were hungry again! The kids then went on a trick or Treat trail to various places thru the lodge.

Next it was Story Time and the Dance Bash with some of the crew and wildlife at the lodge.

100_4747-tile

Now… both of the “Old” adults have proof that we outlasted the kids One was still awake but was out soon after the pic.!

page4

Now what do you think the first thing our Teen and Tweens did when they woke up the next morning? Well… on their phones, of course!

The next day we took a ride (by train) out to the Pumpkin Patch where the kids picked a pumpkin out. Then back to the Cub Club where they decorated their pumpkins.

page5

After another trip to the water park, I took the girls for a manicure at Scoops Kid Spa! They had a wonderful time and Corie took great care of them. That lady gets my 5 STAR for the way she treated Shaela and Shelsie.

page7

Of course, we did not leave Trenton out. He went on a date with his grandma (my sis) down at Northern Lights Arcade.

page6

We finished off the day attending another Dance Bash. Young and old get into the party mode… especially when a song from “Frozen” comes on. Check out this video… really fun animated singing and dancing!

So, my thoughts are…

Staff is very friendly and attentive. I have already mentioned Corie down at Scoops Kid Spa. I also thought manager, Pete, was awesome. We saw him several times during the weekend and he always was friendly  with a huge smile. Then there was Mike, Steve, and… well I could go on. Hmmm! Can I just give all the staff a 5 STAR.

Lodge was clean and room was very roomy. There are plenty of extra things for the kids to do, but the prices are something you should consider before you go. Great Wolf Lodge is really ideal for the young ones….even for tweens and teens. Let’s face it… If the kids are having fun, the adults will have fun.

The water park has several slides for all ages (and levels of courage). Plenty of safe climbing, swimming, and all around relaxing. Towels are furnished, so you don’t have to drag them from your room. Lot’s of fun with smiles, laughs and screams. Oh! Wait! That was me screaming… yeah, the kids convinced me to go down one of the big slides. My first and last time. I will leave that up to the younger ones from now on.

Did we have FUN!!!???

1958331_742972639129454_5159515246428133235_n

I think you could say that!

We woke up our last morning and let the kids have one more wet and wild time in the water park before we headed for home. The adults were not the only ones worn out when we left…

10578364_839446642740630_122218817_o
Stealing the Grandkids was a lot of fun! Now, I am more than ready to turn myself in to the authorities. I need REST!

Tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to Spooktacular Time at Great Wolf Lodge in KC! We Stole the Grandkids!

1. Verna Cossairt (THE AUNT) says:

Glad you guys had so much fun & got to take the Grandkids. Uncle Jack & have stayed in that area, but not at the Lodge. There is a lot to do also around the Lodge but had no idea so much to do in the Lodge. Had no idea they did all that, might be pricey but you can`t put a price on memories you guys all made.

2. We have a Great Wolf here in New England and I am dying to go!! Maybe over the Christmas vacation…..

My boys love GWL! Looks like you had a blast!
    Shell recently posted…10 Things to Smile AboutMy Profile

4. Awesome! Looks like y’all had a blast!
    Billie Rowell recently posted…Shelley Says – Get Your Kids More Active with LeapFrog LeapBandMy Profile

5. Nolie says:

How fun of you to take the grandkids! It looks like you all had a great time!
    Nolie recently posted…A Parents Guide to Instagram ~ Homemaker MondayMy Profile

6. Theresa says:

I wish we had a Great Wolf nearby. It looks like such a fun place for the entire family!
    Theresa recently posted…Halloween ~ Let It Snow…My Profile

7. chrissy va says:

That looks like such a fun place to visit! Glad you all enjoyed. There’s something magical about an indoor water park.

I totally love that they got you going down the slide. That is awesome and they’ll never forget it. What a great time!
    Liz Mays recently posted…ARIA Resort & Casino Sky Suites #HowWeVegasMy Profile

9. Dina says:

I think I’m going to have to put GWL on my bucket list. What a fun trip!
    Dina recently posted…5 tips to get professional quality Christmas pictures without hiring a professionalMy Profile

What a fantastic place to stay. It looks like a great family trip and the water park looks really fun.

Looks like this was a lot of fun for the whole family! I love the water park.

12. Mandi says:

We still have not been to a Great Wolf Lodge! We’re waiting until the kids can swim better and are more confident in water.
    Mandi recently posted…Candy Club Subscription Box Service: A Sweet GiftMy Profile

13. Pauline Cabrera says:

That is one family affair I could see you all enjoyed. T’was the Halloween!

14. Mickey says:

Fun! I didn’t realize they did fun stuff for Halloween. We love the one here in NC!

15. Yay! I remember reading the post about stealing the grandkids! It looks like you all had a ball!!!!
    Cam | Bibs and Baubles recently posted…Donatello + Elsa were hereMy Profile

16. deb says:

So many fun memories you are creating with your grandkids. They are so lucky to have grandparents that will do this with them.

This looks like a lot of fun regardless of age 🙂 Thanks for sharing.
    deb recently posted…Celebrate the Lunar New Year with Best Buy #bbylunarnewyearMy Profile

17. Stacie says:

I’ve always heard great thing about this place! Looks like everyone had a blast!

18. val says:

Look like you guys had a great trip! I’d love to go one day!

19. Melinda says:

We love Great Wolf Lodge. I think my parents taking them would be a great idea
    Melinda recently posted…Christmas Tree Planting Ornament Craft #handmadeholidaysMy Profile

20. I have never been to Great Wolf Lodge but I really want to go! I love the indoor waterpark!
    Amy @ Marvelous Mommy recently posted…Link Up Your Projects | Create Link InspireMy Profile

We haven’t been for a few years, but I sure like to go. We have a blast when we do.

22. Sqeuuuuuuu so much fun! I want to go to Great Wolfs Lodge so bad. The closest one is about 3 hours away. One of these days, we’ll take kiddo.
    Chrystal @ YUM eating recently posted…Low Carb ‘Chips’ and Avocado DipMy Profile

Yay, I’m so glad to see this post finally! Definitely fun to have a grandkid trip!
    Christie recently posted…35 Thanksgiving Side Dish RecipesMy Profile

24. Krystal says:

It looks like you guys had a great time. Great Wolf Lodge is an awesome place to spend time with the family.
    Krystal recently posted…Dragon Berry Mojito With Pure ViaMy Profile

25. I love Great Wolf Lodge! Sounds like you and the grandkids had a great time.
    Shannon Gosney recently posted…Zombie Invasion SLOMy Profile

26. Candy O. says:

We love GWL!! It’s so much fun and fun for the whole family. Great Halloween!
    Candy O. recently posted…Wordless Wednesday: International Waterlily Collection w LinkyMy Profile

27. Felicia says:

Great wolf lodge is such an amazing place. The boys have a blast there.
    Felicia recently posted…Wordless Wednesday: The beauty of fall and annual pumpkin pictures…My Profile

28. Rachelle J says:

I have always wanted to visit Great Wolf Lodge with my family and it looks like I might have to plan for next Halloween! Looks like you guys had a great time!

29. Amanda says:

So much fun! It looks like everyone had a blast!

30. Veronica says:

Oooo! Manicures! Next time please steal me for an awesome day like this
    Veronica recently posted…Announcing Our Sweepstakes Winners!My Profile

31. mommy2jam says:

This place looks amazing! Can I be one of your grandkids next time you go on vacation. This is such an awesome place to go, my boys would go crazy!!!!
    mommy2jam recently posted…The Real Halloween WitchMy Profile

Great Wolf is so much FUN!!!! I wish we could go every month! We are already planning our next visit!