Walt Disney Records released Into the Woods original motion picture soundtrack and the Into the Woods Deluxe Edition on December 16, 2014. Into the Woods features 20 songs from the film and the 2-disc Into the Woods Deluxe Edition also includes score. Both versions are available for pre-order beginning today. The film will be released in theaters December 25, 2014.
“Into the Woods” premiered on Broadway on November 5, 1987, at the Martin Beck Theatre. The production, which ran for 764 performances, won Tony® Awards for Best Score, Best Book of a Musical and Best Actress in a Musical. Among other awards, the musical received five Drama Desk Awards, including Best Musical. “Into the Woods” has been produced around the world, including a 1988 U.S. tour, a 1990 West End production and Broadway and London revivals, in addition to a PBS television production and a 10-year-anniversary concert.
The big-screen adaptation welcomes songs from the stage musical, including “Finale/Children Will Listen,” “Giants in the Sky,” “On the Steps of the Palace,” “No One Is Alone” and “Agony,” among others.
Starring Meryl Streep, Emily Blunt, James Corden, Anna Kendrick, Chris Pine and Johnny Depp, “Into the Woods” is a modern twist on several beloved fairy tales, intertwining the plots of a few choice stories and exploring the consequences of the characters’ wishes and quests. This humorous and heartfelt musical follows the classic tales of Cinderella (Anna Kendrick), Little Red Riding Hood (Lilla Crawford), Jack and the Beanstalk (Daniel Huttlestone), and Rapunzel (MacKenzie Mauzy), all tied together by an original story involving a Baker and his Wife (James Corden and Emily Blunt), their wish to begin a family and their interaction with the Witch (Meryl Streep), who has put a curse on them. Rob Marshall, the acclaimed filmmaker behind the Academy Award®-winning musical “Chicago” and Disney’s “Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides,” directs the film, which is based on the musical stage production by legendary eight-time Tony®, Grammy® and Oscar-winning composer and lyricist Stephen Sondheim and Tony® winner James Lapine, who also wrote the screenplay. The film was produced by John DeLuca, Marshall, “Wicked” producer Marc Platt and Callum McDougall.
The Into the Woods track list follows:
1. “Prologue: Into the Woods” – Company
2. “Cinderella at the Grave” – Cinderella’s Mother
3. “Hello, Little Girl” – Wolf, Little Red Riding Hood
4. “I Know Things Now”– Little Red Riding Hood
5. “A Very Nice Prince” – Cinderella, Baker’s Wife
6. “Giants in the Sky” – Jack
7. “Agony” – Cinderella’s Prince, Rapunzel’s Prince
8. “It Takes Two” – Baker’s Wife, Baker
9. “Stay With Me” – Witch
10. “On the Steps of the Palace” – Cinderella
11. “Careful My Toe” – Stepmother, Florinda, Lucinda
12. “Ever After” (Instrumental)
13. “Witch’s Lament” – Witch
14. “Any Moment” – Cinderella’s Prince, Baker’s Wife
15. “Moments in the Woods” – Baker’s Wife
16. “Your Fault” – Jack, Baker, Little Red Riding Hood, Witch, Cinderella
17. “Last Midnight” – Witch
18. “No One Is Alone” – Cinderella, Baker, Little Red Riding Hood, Jack
19. “Finale/Children Will Listen (Part 1)” – Baker, Baker’s Wife, Witch, Company
20. “Finale/Children Will Listen (Part 2)” – Company
The Into the Woods soundtrack, 2-disc Deluxe Edition and the digital Deluxe Edition soundtrack are set for release from Walt Disney Records on December 16, 2014. The albums will be available for pre-order on November 10:
Wide Download Link: http://smarturl.it/itwdsa1
Amazon Music Smart Link (Digital): http://smarturl.it/itwdsama1
Amazon Music Smart Link (Physical): http://smarturl.it/itwsama1
Wide Streaming Partners Link: http://smarturl.it/itwdsta1
To purchase Disney music, visit the online store at www.disneymusicstore.com. For more information on “Into the Woods,” like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DisneyIntoTheWoods and follow us on Twitter: @IntoThe Woods.