Walt Disney Records Releases Into The Woods Original Motion Picture Soundtrack!

into the woods1Walt Disney Records released  Into the Woods original motion picture soundtrack and the Into the Woods Deluxe Edition on December 16, 2014. Into the Woods features 20 songs from the film and the 2-disc Into the Woods Deluxe Edition also includes score. Both versions are available for pre-order beginning today. The film will be released in theaters December 25, 2014.

“Into the Woods” premiered on Broadway on November 5, 1987, at the Martin Beck Theatre. The production, which ran for 764 performances, won Tony® Awards for Best Score, Best Book of a Musical and Best Actress in a Musical. Among other awards, the musical received five Drama Desk Awards, including Best Musical. “Into the Woods” has been produced around the world, including a 1988 U.S. tour, a 1990 West End production and Broadway and London revivals, in addition to a PBS television production and a 10-year-anniversary concert.

The big-screen adaptation welcomes songs from the stage musical, including “Finale/Children Will Listen,” “Giants in the Sky,” “On the Steps of the Palace,” “No One Is Alone” and “Agony,” among others.

becarefulStarring Meryl Streep, Emily Blunt, James Corden, Anna Kendrick, Chris Pine and Johnny Depp, “Into the Woods” is a modern twist on several beloved fairy tales, intertwining the plots of a few choice stories and exploring the consequences of the characters’ wishes and quests. This humorous and heartfelt musical follows the classic tales of Cinderella (Anna Kendrick), Little Red Riding Hood (Lilla Crawford), Jack and the Beanstalk (Daniel Huttlestone), and Rapunzel (MacKenzie Mauzy), all tied together by an original story involving a Baker and his Wife (James Corden and Emily Blunt), their wish to begin a family and their interaction with the Witch (Meryl Streep), who has put a curse on them. Rob Marshall, the acclaimed filmmaker behind the Academy Award®-winning musical “Chicago” and Disney’s “Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides,” directs the film, which is based on the musical stage production by legendary eight-time Tony®, Grammy® and Oscar-winning composer and lyricist Stephen Sondheim and Tony® winner James Lapine, who also wrote the screenplay. The film was produced by John DeLuca, Marshall, “Wicked” producer Marc Platt and Callum McDougall.

The Into the Woods track list follows:

1. “Prologue: Into the Woods” – Company
2. “Cinderella at the Grave” – Cinderella’s Mother
3. “Hello, Little Girl” – Wolf, Little Red Riding Hood
4. “I Know Things Now”– Little Red Riding Hood
5. “A Very Nice Prince” – Cinderella, Baker’s Wife
6. “Giants in the Sky” – Jack
7. “Agony” – Cinderella’s Prince, Rapunzel’s Prince
8. “It Takes Two” – Baker’s Wife, Baker
9. “Stay With Me” – Witch
10. “On the Steps of the Palace” – Cinderella
11. “Careful My Toe” – Stepmother, Florinda, Lucinda
12. “Ever After” (Instrumental)
13. “Witch’s Lament” – Witch
14. “Any Moment” – Cinderella’s Prince, Baker’s Wife
15. “Moments in the Woods” – Baker’s Wife
16. “Your Fault”  Jack, Baker, Little Red Riding Hood, Witch, Cinderella
17. “Last Midnight” – Witch
18. “No One Is Alone” – Cinderella, Baker, Little Red Riding Hood, Jack
19. “Finale/Children Will Listen (Part 1)” – Baker, Baker’s Wife, Witch, Company
20. “Finale/Children Will Listen (Part 2)” – Company

The Into the Woods soundtrack, 2-disc Deluxe Edition and the digital Deluxe Edition soundtrack are set for release from Walt Disney Records on December 16, 2014. The albums will be available for pre-order on November 10:

Wide Download Link: http://smarturl.it/itwdsa1
Amazon Music Smart Link (Digital): http://smarturl.it/itwdsama1
Amazon Music Smart Link (Physical): http://smarturl.it/itwsama1
Wide Streaming Partners Link: http://smarturl.it/itwdsta1

To purchase Disney music, visit the online store at www.disneymusicstore.com. For more information on “Into the Woods,” like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DisneyIntoTheWoods and follow us on Twitter: @IntoThe Woods.

22 Responses to Walt Disney Records Releases Into The Woods Original Motion Picture Soundtrack!

1. Wow, that sounds like a lot of great songs. I can’t wait for this movie.
    Robin (Masshole Mommy) recently posted…How to Prepare a Boy’s Closet for WinterMy Profile

Looks like an awesome ensemble cast. I’m definitely looking forward to this one.
    Liz Mays recently posted…My Daughter, the BodybuilderMy Profile

3. Dawn says:

I have been very excited to see Into The Woods! I am glad they released the soundtrack!
    Dawn recently posted…Holiday Dog Safety Tips: How To Keep Your Dogs Safe This Holiday Season #ad #RichellPetMy Profile

4. I am ecstatic for this to come out. It looks like it’s going to be amazing.
    Stacey – Craft Blogger recently posted…SOLO Tailgating – Keeping Our Winning Streak GoingMy Profile

5. This looks like its going to be a great movie! I cant wait to hear the soundtrack.
    LaShonda (FashionPlatekc) recently posted…Motivation MondayMy Profile

6. I have not seen this movie but knowing it is Disney it has to be good.
    maria @ close to home recently posted…Holiday Salad Recipes using EndiveMy Profile

7. I can’t wait to see this movie and wish I could have seen the original stage play. What an incredible soundtrack – I know a couple of people who would love this as a stocking stuffer.
    Elizabeth Towns recently posted…Blinded – Released Nov. 17!My Profile

8. Alisha Kostiuk says:

I can’t wait for the movie. With the great soundtrack it is bound to be a must see.

9. kristin says:

Ive heard about this and cant wait to see this movie. Disney is and will always be my favorite.
    kristin recently posted…Help Your Vision & Yourself To Thanksgiving Veggie DishesMy Profile

10. I loved the show and can’t wait for the movie. Great music!
    Lois Alter Mark recently posted…electric bikesMy Profile

11. I think this is going to be a great movie. I cannot wait for it to be released.
    Giveaways 4 Mom recently posted…Organic Ellasti Belly Stretch Mark Miracle Oil ReviewMy Profile

12. Kathleen says:

I can’t believe the soundtrack is out already, can’t wait to see this movie, it looks amazing!
    Kathleen recently posted…Cabana Bay Beach Resort – A Kid’s Perspective #FLBlogTrip #FamilyTravelMy Profile

13. It is always great to have the sound track from a movie you like so the happiness can continue on.
    Janeane Davis recently posted…Take Action Now – Your Dreams Are Just AheadMy Profile

14. Rebekah says:

I know NOTHING about this movie. Will have to see if I can listen to some of the music online. 🙂
    Rebekah recently posted…iPic Theaters Opens in North Bethesda: Affordable Luxury Movie Theater ExperienceMy Profile

I can’t wait t hear the movie. Now I can’t wait to hear the soundtrack too!

16. Karen says:

This looks like it is going to be a GREAT movie. And I absolutely LOVE the soundtrack!
    Karen recently posted…Delicious Family Recipe – Italian Anise Cookie RecipeMy Profile

17. Trisha says:

I honestly can’t wait to see this in the movie theater! The soundtrack looks great, I’m looking forward to that as well!
    Trisha recently posted…Comment on RSV Prevention and World Prematurity Day #RSVAwareness #PreemieProtection #Sponsored #MC by Tiffany HathornMy Profile

18. Amanda Love says:

While I’m not a fan of soundtracks, I’m dying to see this movie.

19. This looks like it is going to be a wonderful movie. My girls will be excited!
    Amy Desrosiers recently posted…Homemade Spiced Cranberry Sauce with ZinfandelMy Profile

20. Danielle says:

I can’t wait to see this movie. The soundtrack should be awesome!
    Danielle recently posted…Old Fashioned Holiday Craft Ideas #BestTimeToBeAKidMy Profile

21. Melissa Vera says:

This sounds like such a great movie and the sound track sounds awesome.
    Melissa Vera recently posted…Preparing For Cold and Flu SeasonMy Profile