So What Shall We Do – Hot Springs, Gangsters, and Gardens – Oh My!

100_5347After we got all settled in The Alpine Innwe decided to grab a bite to eat at Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen over on Albert Pike Road. Got a good meal and good price. Since, we spent most of the day driving, we decided to not hit downtown this late.

We headed out to Oaklawn Racing and Gaming.  Sis did pretty good, but Luck was not with me as much. Still we played for a few hours. Soon it was time to head back to our comfy room so we could rest for our busy  day tomorrow.

gardensWednesday morning we were up, dressed and ready for the day. Our first stop was Garven Woodland Gardens. This beautiful place is a botanical garden of the University of Arkansas. The Gardens were gifted from local industrialist and philanthropist Verna Cook Garvan. Though not fully in bloom while we were there, it was just spectacular. Lots of waterfalls and shrubbery, and trees that provided a nice walk. This scenic stroll is wheelchair accessible also. If you are not much of a walker, you will be glad to know there are small golf carts to rent at a reasonable price.  So let me show you some of our walk…

gardenpage1 and

gardenpage2

Now don’t forget to pick up a little fish food at the Visitors Center for when you pass the Koi pond…

Gardenpage3 Of course there was other wildlife… Really cute little chipmunk out for a morning snack! See him????

This is one place to put on your to do list. Check them out

550 Arkridge Rd
Hot Springs, Arkansas

501-262-9300 or 800-366-4664

Garven Woodland Gardens

and Eric and Leslie from the Alpine Inn

For such a wonderful adventure!

Oh Yes… there is more to share on our Hot Springs, Gangsters, and Gardens Trip, so stay tuned…. There are alligators, a tommygun, dizzying heights, and of course flirting with Al Capone are ahead!

hotsprings

Tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to So What Shall We Do – Hot Springs, Gangsters, and Gardens – Oh My!

How lovely it is there. I love looking at all the nature at places like that.

2. Bri says:

The botanical garden is very beautiful. I love seeing botanical gardens from different states/ cities.

3. becca says:

wow that is a gorgeous place you visited. I love it.
    becca recently posted…Personalized Gifts From @my1styears #ReviewMy Profile

4. Lorane says:

your posts are always so much fun …this looks like somewhere I would go
    Lorane recently posted…Style Week 2015 : How Bloggers Prepare for Fashion EventsMy Profile

5. Helene Cohen Bludman says:

The botanical garden is beautiful. I would love to visit someday.

6. I love Hot Springs! We went there last year and had an absolute BLAST!
    AJ @ Roaming Family recently posted…Why We’re Using Oak Meadow Homeschool Curriculum Next YearMy Profile

7. Looks like you all had some fun places to visit on this trip. Thanks for sharing all the great locations.
    maria @ closetohome recently posted…New Water Park Rides at Kings DominionMy Profile

Those gardens are beautiful. I would love to visit them someday.

Those gardens are so pretty. I’d love to have a relaxing stroll through!
    Liz Mays recently posted…Blueberry Breakfast Muffins with Buttery Crumble ToppingMy Profile

10. Tamara says:

Another fun post! I’d love to see the gardens and the koi pond.
    Tamara recently posted…Heart Compartments.My Profile

11. Looks like you had such a fun trip. I need to try those hot springs.
    Saidah Washington (@ApronsStilletos) recently posted…How to Plan a Backyard Game Day + 3 DIY GamesMy Profile

12. What stunning photo’s! Looks like a nice relaxing place to visit.
    Mama to 5 BLessings recently posted…Fun Learning Kits With Teach My + GiveawayMy Profile

13. Laura funk says:

Looks like a great little garden trip
    Laura funk recently posted…Monogrammed Door Wreath #HowToMy Profile

14. Carol Bryant says:

Your headline is wonderful and the pictures make me want to visit.
    Carol Bryant recently posted…My Dog Deserves Better Than This #InspiredByCraftedMy Profile

15. Lois says:

This walk looks so beautiful! I love taking long walks round gardens like these… stunning 🙂

I do see the chipmunk! Ha! I had to look twice, but I see him. 🙂 Cute!

17. Steph says:

The botanical gardens are gorgeous! I know my boys would love the koi ponds. They would spend hours watching the fish.
    Steph recently posted…How to Look Your Best in PhotosMy Profile

18. What a beautiful place. That’s how I like to spend my weekends.
    BellaVidaLetty recently posted…Latina Engineers Share Tips for Thriving in Corporate AmericaMy Profile

19. Tonya C says:

Wow, those gardens are gorgeous. Looks like a fun time.
    Tonya C recently posted…How to Style a Tween Bedroom Bookcase!My Profile

20. LauraOinAK says:

What a lovely place to experience nature! Arkansas is one of the states I’ve driven through, but not really stopped to appreciate.
    LauraOinAK recently posted…Observing the Change in Seasons at North Fork Eagle RiverMy Profile

21. Emerald says:

I have been in the hot springs when I lived in Japan and they were oh so fun! Looks like a cool trip!
    Emerald recently posted…Comfy & Cute Springtime Rompers!My Profile

22. Christina says:

So beautiful! I would love to visit someday. I love watching koi swim, its so relaxing and peaceful.
    Christina recently posted…3 Tips For Getting More Blog CommentsMy Profile

23. What a gorgeous place. I think I could hike there all day
    My Kids Guide recently posted…Meet Casey and Athena of TomorrowlandMy Profile

24. Krystal says:

Sign me up! I would so love to visit this place. Looks like a fun getaway.

25. Censie says:

I have been there with my best friend. So nice!
    Censie recently posted…“Where Hope Grows” – in theaters May 15thMy Profile

26. Pingback: Our Hot Springs Wrap Up... Plus Fun things For The Kids to Do! - Espacularaiesa