Our Hot Springs Wrap Up… Plus Fun things For The Kids to Do!

Wrapping up a great adventure in Hot Springs. Even though this trip was for the Sis and me, I always check out activities the younger generation would like. If you followed my posts, you will see we did several things the kiddies would enjoy. There is so much more!!! You never know when we may ‘steal the grandkids’ again, so it is a good idea to keep the other activities in mind.

hotspringsMost famous for the hot springs, the national park offers many other activities. Did you know  kids can earn the Junior Ranger badge by completing part of the Junior Ranger Activity Booklet (free at the Park Visitor center- complete the activities and send in).

They also have a Junior Trail Ranger program. Just pick up a program guide at the visitor center and complete walking at least three designated trails and complete five activities. Then return to the park visitor center to receive a special award pin.

magic_springsHot Springs, Arkansas, offers so much fun for your family vacation.  like Magic Springs and Crystal Falls Water & Theme ParkMid-America Science Museum, and National Park Duck Tours.

You can find mini golf and go-cart tracks around town as well.  Take in all the fun at Lake Catherine State Park and Lake Ouachita State Park, both offer activities such as boating, fishing, swimming, camping and hiking.

More adventures in Hot Springs include historical tours, magic shows, mining for crystals and much more.

garvin kidsMy kids would like the gardens stroll we took, but The Evans Children’s Adventure Garden in  Garvan Woodland Gardens, offers 1.5 acres fun for kids!  It has a 12-foot waterfall cascades over the entryway to a man-made cave, beckoning children inside to discover “ancient” fossils overhead.

There is a unique bridge constructed from tree branches and a maze of rocks that lead down to a several wading pools.

They are currently working on another addition of three large tree houses, along with five other smaller structures that will complete the Gardens’ plan to bring children into the woods in an engaging, natural environment that promotes learning.

Some of the many children events held here include

Hollerin’ at Hoot Owls: Children’s Night Hike!

Story Time!

Fairy & Wizards Tea for Children.

Summer Beading Camps: “Baubles and Beads”.

These are just a few of the activities offered by Garven Gardens

Of course we loved The Gangster Museum of America and I think the kids would like it.

I know my grandkids would love the Hot Springs Mountain Tower

100_5458 So our trip to Hot Springs has been a whirlwind of fun. Just give me a week or so to rest up and I would go back!

I want to thank Eric and Leslie at The Alpine Inn for letting us stay with them.

Also thanks to the many other attractions that made our trip unforgettable.

The Ohio Club/

Quapaw Bathouse

Josephine Tussaud Wax Museum

National Park Aquarium

Arkansas Alligator Farm and Petting Zoo

~~~~

I have a feeling we may need to ‘steal the grandkids’ and make another visit to Hot Springs!

Did you miss one of our Hot Springs, Gangsters and Gardens trip posts?

Just click below…

The Alpine Inn – A Sparkling Gem We Found in Hot Springs!

So What Shall We Do – Hot Springs, Gangsters, and Gardens – Oh My!

Time for Alligators in Hot Springs!!

On Top of the World in Hot Springs Mountain Tower!

Off to the Aquarium and Then to Maxine’s In Hot Springs!

Take a Bath on BathHouse Row and Visit a Wax Museum!

1920s – 1960s Quaint Little Hot Springs! Um… Gangsters, Gambling, and Women!

hotsprings

Tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

58 Responses to Our Hot Springs Wrap Up… Plus Fun things For The Kids to Do!

1. Candy O says:

What an amazing vacation spot! I think my boys would love the rocky area. Gosh it’s so beautiful there!
    Candy O recently posted…Life Lessons Learned from #Tomorrowland for Britt Robertson #TomorrowlandEventMy Profile

• Robin (Masshole Mommy) says:

There is definitely a lot to do there for the kiddos. My family would have a blast there.

That adventure garden sounds awesome! My boys would LOVE it.

3. Tamara says:

My kids would love a night hike! So would I! And the adventure garden.
    I hope we get there someday.
    Tamara recently posted…I Want To Be The Girl With The Most Cake.My Profile

4. This looks like such a fun change of pace. The alligator farm sounds like an awesome side trip, too! We have one close by and the kiddos love it.
    Wendy @ ABCs and Garden Peas recently posted…Drop your pants for #Underwareness. Wait, what!?My Profile

5. Kristi says:

Looks a great place to vacation for all ages and something for everyone. Thank you for highlighting some of the things. Will put it on our list of places to go.

6. What a gorgeous place. I’d love to visit with the family. It’s so beautiful.
    Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle recently posted…Snack Smarter with Nature Valley® Protein Crunchy Granola #NVGranolaMy Profile

7. Heather says:

Oh that looks really fun! You can take my kids next time! 😉 I would love grandparents that took the kids away for a day of fun! 🙂
    Heather recently posted…Hardships Faced By Teens & Reccomendations For ParentsMy Profile

8. A visit to The Gangster Museum of America sounds fun! I would like to check it out!
    Tracy @ Ascending Butterfly recently posted…It was a #Luxury and #Audio Enthusiasts Paradise at the New York Luxury #Technology Show! @LuxuryTechShow #theLTSMy Profile

9. Heather says:

Wow that looks like a fun place. We’d be all over this.

10. What a wonderful place! I’d love to take the kids there and experience the tree houses.
    Melissa Pezza recently posted…We Visited the Disney Archives! What an Incredible Experience! #TomorrowlandEventMy Profile

11. the water park looks awesome. I hope to see this for myself one day!
    Ashley @irishred02 recently posted…Flying High on Dumbo at Disney Social Media Moms Celebration! | #DisneySMMCMy Profile

12. Lorane says:

This seems like it was a fun and well deserved Trip. I like that you took us along and showed us
    Lorane recently posted…Start your Summer with Lulus.comMy Profile

This looks like a great place to go on vacation. I would love to check out the Crystal Falls Water and Theme Park.

14. You really gave Hot springs a complete look. Great adventures for all ages were hit
    maria @ close to home recently posted…Summer Fruity Drinks: Easy Sangria RecipeMy Profile

15. You would find me and my son at the water park. He’s a born fish!
    Lindsey @ Redhead Baby Mama recently posted…Best Post Delivery Products for MomsMy Profile

16. becca says:

Wow so much to do. My family would love this place.
    becca recently posted…Freshening Up This Spring With @Zevia #TheNewSweetMy Profile

I’d love going down to the wading pools. I think it sounds like a great place to take the kids.

18. Jeanine says:

Wow this sounds great! Would love to go to a place like this! These pics make it look really amazing!
    Jeanine recently posted…NOMAD COFFEE CLUB: Fresh Coffee Beans Delivered Right to Your Door in Canada!My Profile

i would have never know how much there is to do in Hot Springs, Arkansas without these posts. I would have so much fun there!
    Liz Mays recently posted…Hi! I’m the New Guy!My Profile

20. Ashley B. says:

I’m loving all the pictures! Your trip sounded lovely. I know my family would love a trip like this.
    Ashley B. recently posted…THE LITHIUM TRIBUNE- Inspiration and Saggy BitsMy Profile

21. Ora Lee Gurr says:

What fun you had at Hot Springs, Arkansas. I know kids are always ready to visit and earn the junior ranger badge.
    Ora Lee Gurr recently posted…Traveling Tuesdays: Armed Forces Day at Hawthorne NevadaMy Profile

22. Marcie W. says:

There is just so much to do that I am not sure how we would ever narrow things down. My kids would really enjoy the junior ranger program, so that would be a must!
    Marcie W. recently posted…Strange Magic DVD Review + Activity SheetsMy Profile

23. Amanda Love says:

You really seemed to have had a great time. Love the fun tips!

24. It looks like you had a blast. I would love to visit one day with the family
    Ourfamilyworld recently posted…Why Does My Toddler Love to Be Naked All the Time?My Profile

25. Lisa Nolan says:

This looks so amazing! What a fun summer! Lucky kids! I want to be a kid again!
    Lisa Nolan recently posted…Meet the Moms of the Motherhood May Cause Drowsiness Summer Blog TourMy Profile

26. My kids would love the water slides / park area. Looks like family friendly travels!
    Mama to 5 BLessings recently posted…Luxury At Sea With Carnival Cruise – Carnival Breeze #CarnivalMamasMy Profile

27. Kecia says:

That theme park sure looks like fun! I didn’t know anything about Hot Springs, Arkansas before your posts. Now I want to visit with my kiddos!
    Kecia recently posted…Learning more about Tomorrowland at the Disney Archives #TomorrowlandEventMy Profile

28. Ann Bacciaglia says:

I would love to go and explore the gardens. I will have to see if i can get there this summer.

29. Penelope says:

This place looks like it’s a lot of fun. I am sure your kids will remember this for years to come.
    Penelope recently posted…Sliding Into Summer, The Fun Way #H2OGO #adMy Profile

30. Dawn says:

I have always wanted to visit Hot Springs. It looks like everyone had a fun time!
    Dawn recently posted…HomeAway: Find and Book the Perfect Vacation RentalMy Profile

31. Wow, there are so many great options for families. I know my kids would enjoy the water park and the gardens.
    Uplifting Families recently posted…18 Uses for Huggies Baby Wipes – Kids Outgrow Diapers But Not MessesMy Profile

32. What a fun place to visit! I would love to go to a hot spring.

33. Valerie says:

I didn’t realize how family-friendly Hot Springs is. i would love to visit there sometime. It looks like you all had a wonderful time!
    Valerie recently posted…Gift Idea – Teach Someone To Invest With Spark GiftMy Profile

34. Carol Bryant says:

I have never been to Hot Springs but your write up makes me want to visit.
    Carol Bryant recently posted…Annual Pet Blogger Conference Making Nashville MarkMy Profile

35. Carolyn says:

You really seemed to have a great trip. I had never heard of Hot Springs but after hearing about your trip I definitely want to check it out!

36. Elizabeth O. says:

How fun! We are also going to a hot spring at the end of the month and we’re all super excited.

37. Looks like a fun place to go to! I love that there are lots of things to see and do at the Hot Springs.
    Rebel Sweetheart recently posted…Keeping Time.My Profile

38. Laura Funk says:

Mining for crystals would be super fun for my little people. The waterpark looks fantastic
    Laura Funk recently posted…PreSchool GraduationMy Profile

39. Garvan Woodland Gardens sounds like a ton of fun for the little ones. Sounds like you all had a great time!
    Yolanda @ Seeing It Their Way recently posted…Waistline Wednesday: Dark Chocolate A Not So Guilty PleasureMy Profile

40. lisa says:

This sounds like a great place for vacation. I had no idea there were so many fun things to do there!
    lisa recently posted…I scream, you scream, we all scream for Weight Watchers® ice creamMy Profile

41. Carly Brydon says:

Hot Springs looks like a lot of fun! There’s so many fun things to do that the whole family would enjoy.
    Carly Brydon recently posted…Black and White Home OfficeMy Profile

42. Wow! This place is really beautiful!
    Emerald Lavender recently posted…Smoothies & Shakes That Fight Stubborn Belly Fat!My Profile

43. Mariana says:

I’d love to visit Hot Springs someday. It’s so beautiful there and I never imagined there were so many things to do!
    Mariana recently posted…Keep your family Totally Taken Care Of this summer with ListerineMy Profile

44. Those water features look like such a blast, my kids would love them!
    Sabrina @ Dinner, then Dessert recently posted…Peruvian Lomo Saltado with Cilantro Aji Sauce and Brown RiceMy Profile

45. Mykidsguide says:

This looks like an amazing vacation spot. I would love to visit one day with the family
    Mykidsguide recently posted…10 Hunger Games T-Shirts For Your Summer WardrobeMy Profile

46. Ronni says:

The aligator farm sounds really fun. And, quite unique as living in Vegas we don’t have anything like that!
    Ronni recently posted…2 Ingredient Chocolate Fruit Dip RecipeMy Profile

47. Amber C. says:

I love all the pictures!! It looks like it was so much fun! Thanks for sharing!

48. Travis says:

Wow, there is a lot to visit! And they really do provide a lot of fun activities for the kiddos don’t they. Hot Springs definitely seems like a good family vacation destination.
    Travis recently posted…Five Ways to Save Money on BooksMy Profile

49. Cassie says:

Unfortunately, I’ve only been to Hot Springs as I was passing through from Louisiana to Indiana. This post makes want to go back though!
    Cassie recently posted…May Birchbox UnboxingMy Profile

I had no idea there was that much to do there. Thanks for all the info!
    Shell recently posted…A Safe Place: Pour Your Heart OutMy Profile

51. Amanda O. says:

The gangster museum of America? I love it! I would visit just to go there.
    Amanda O. recently posted…Three Cheese Breakfast Quesadillas #BuddigTasteChallengeMy Profile

I loved following along on your trip! So many awesome memories made
    Christie recently posted…American Sniper Movie Now on Blu-Ray + GiveawayMy Profile

53. Looks like a fun and educational trip for the family.
    Roz K. Walker recently posted…7 Uses of Activated Charcoal Moms Need to KnowMy Profile

54. Virginia says:

Looks like you all had a blast! I would love to visit some day!
    Virginia recently posted…Love With Food Box – May Unboxing!My Profile

55. Amanda says:

It sounds like there are tons of things for adults and kids! So much fun!
    Amanda recently posted…6 Tips To Get Your Kids To Wear SunscreenMy Profile

56. Kiwi says:

You guys looks like you had a blast! Thanks for sharing this series with us!
    Kiwi recently posted…{Reality Recap} WeTV’s Cutting It in the ATL PrescreeningMy Profile