maz1So I have been to Mexico a couple of times in my life. I am thinking I want the full-on experience someday, not just a day or two. They seem to have a great list of things to do all year long. Mazatlán is one place I am thinking about. I can not go this year, but you should see what they have going on this fall…

Mazatlán, known as the Pearl of the Pacific, is a budget-friendly, year-round beach destination with a Colonial District that has over 400 years of history.  This fall, the city has a calendar of events that includes the Mazatlán Cultural Fest, the Day of the Dead Celebration, and the Mazatlán Bike Tour.

Mazatlán Cultural Festival
The Mazatlán Cultural Festival runs from October through December 2015 and celebrates the importance of performing arts to the city’s culture. High-caliber artists take to the city’s theaters, churches, squares, and open spaces to engage audiences through musical, theatrical, dance, literature, and fine art performances. Visithttp://gomazatlan.com/en/events/mazatlan-cultural-festival for more information.

Mazatlán’s Day of the Dead Celebration
Mazatlán’s Day of the Dead “Dia De Los Muertos” Celebration is a two day festival that offers visitors from across the globe the opportunity to experience a unique Mexican cultural experience that has been celebrated for thousands of years. On November 1st and 2nd, the city of Mazatlán is taken over by skeleton masks and orange marigolds to honor the dead through parades, music, performances, and treats. Visithttp://vidamaz.com/2012/08/19/dia-de-los-muertos-en-mazatlanday-of-the-dead-in-mazatlan/ for more information.

mazbike

Mazatlán Bike Tour
The Mazatlán Bike tour, which highlights Mazatlán’s adventure travel activities, is November 22-23, 2015. All levels of cyclists from around the globe bike over 100 miles over two days to experience Mexico from the seat of their bike. Participants enjoy biking along the water, touring Mazatlán’s boardwalk, and the end-of-race beach party to celebrate the feat! Visit http://gomazatlan.com/en/events/mazatlan-bike-tour for more information.

About Mazatlán
maz
Recognized for its world-class beaches, golfing, gastronomy and cultural offering, Mazatlán is an ideal vacation getaway for all ages on the Mexican Riviera: The Lighthouse (El Faro), the second-tallest natural light house in the world; experience the famous Ángela Peralta Theater nearby the charming Plazuela Machado; and taste the exquisite gastronomy, whether a local pastry shop in Old Mazatlán or the world-famous seafood at The Shrimp Bucket. Go Mazatlán.  For more information about the destination please go to: www.GoMazatlán.com

19 Responses to Experience The Authentic Mazatlan – From The Arts To The Day Of The Dead, It’s Fall In Mazatlan!

1. Love to see how many festivals and events they have there. I’ll check this out next time I’m on the West Coast.
    Joyce Brewer (@MommyTalkShow) recently posted…The Sex Book You Must Read WITH Your HusbandMy Profile

This looks like a fun place to go on vacation. I have been to Mexico twice and really enjoyed it. I would like to go check out The Day of The Dead celebration.

I have always thought the Day of the Dead Celebration is so neat. It would be cool to see.

4. I have always wanted to see an authentic Day of the Dead celebration!
    Isabella Grey recently posted…Missing Childhood: Polly PocketMy Profile

5. Ora Lee Gurr says:

I’ve always enjoyed visiting Mazatlan. Everyone’s so friendly and kids are welcomed instead of frowned upon. There’s a lot going on this fall, for sure! Thanks for sharing the great travel tips.
    Ora Lee Gurr recently posted…Traveling Tuesdays: Add Spice to Your Trip at Bonneville Salt Flats, UtahMy Profile

It would be so cool to participate in the celebration. I remember learning a little bit about it in Spanish class.
    Liz Mays recently posted…Bodybuilding Supplements & Vitamins for a Beat-up BodMy Profile

7. I have a brother in law who is a cyclist and he travels the globe to ride. I bet he would be interest in the Mazatlán Bike tour.
    Kelly Hutchinson recently posted…Lemon Lime Mojitos Cocktail {or Mocktail}My Profile

8. Valerie says:

I have always wanted to see this celebration. It looks so neat!

I think a bike tour sounds like a lot of fun. Especially somewhere like this.

10. Marcie W. says:

We have been to Mazatlán numerous times and always enjoyed ourselves. I have a huge love for Mexican folk art, especially Day of the Dead related items.
    Marcie W. recently posted…Protect Your Precious Photos With Peekaboo Moments – App ReviewMy Profile

11. I have only been to Puerto Vallarta and we did not experience any festivals. I’m fascinated by the Day of the Dead. A local museum to us always does a great celebration with alters and crafts for kids to learn more about the traditions.
    Toni | BoulderLocavore recently posted…Slow Cooker Shredded Barbecue Beef SandwichesMy Profile

12. Crystal says:

My husband is an avid cyclist, and would absolutely love this. I don’t know if my skill level is up to where it needs to be, but I’d happily push myself a little more to be able to see Mazatlan.
    Crystal recently posted…Goldfish Bento LunchMy Profile

13. Megan @ C'mon Get Crafty says:

I’ve been to Cancun and the Riviera Maya, but I’ve never thought about Mazatlan! I’d love the historical districts!

14. Tracey says:

This is so cool! What a great vacation destination, especially if you like cycling.

This looks like an amazing destination to visit! I would love to see the activity around the Day of the Dead
    Christie recently posted…Back to School PayPal Flash GiveawayMy Profile

I would love to visit there! Right now, any get away is sounding amazing.
    Shell recently posted…What Doesn’t FitMy Profile

17. Ann Bacciaglia says:

The Mazatlán Cultural Festival looks like it wouls be an amazing time. I would love to go and participate.

18. We need to explore that part of Mexico. I’ve always heard goo things. We tend to hang out in the same areas.
    Camesha | Mama Motivator recently posted…Just Push PlayMy Profile

19. maria s. says:

Ah, we love Mexico. I love to take the family and explore things we haven’t seen or done on past trips. I would love to one day be able to say we have seen it all.
    maria s. recently posted…Free Cruise Ebook – Cruise Travel for LESS: How to Save Money on Your Next Cruise #BayouTravelMy Profile