Stomping Our Feet in Branson! Doug Gabriel! #BransonFun

doug2Oh, we did do some Stomping our Feet at the Doug Gabriel Show in Branson. This was fun for old and young alike when Doug and his talented family hit the stage.

Doug Gabriel is one of the most successful and awarded shows in Branson.

Doug uses his impressive voice to bring you some of the greatest #1 hits.

With the talent of his family added, you are treated to songs from Taylor Swift, The Bee Gees, James Taylor, Sugerland, Marty Robbins, and Shania Twain, among many others.

Doug sang professionally at the age of twelve. To his credit, he toured and opened for many other stars like Marie Osmond, Roy Clark, Tony Orlando, Tanya Tucker, Bobby Vinton, Mel Tillis, The Gatlins, Moe Bandy, Ronnie Mc Dowell and many more.

dougfamily

Doug and his wife, Cheryl, have created a family show that is truly a family show. Their family is part of the cast and include Jasmine, Mary, Josh and of course, Jordan! Jordan is the comedian of the Show. Wow! I promise you… you don’t know what he will do next! He is a riot.

doug

While you are enjoying the show, you will witness Doug playing the Mufftar. His  guitar is fashioned from the muffler of a Ford Thunderbird and the sound is awesome.

doug gabrial

I got to visit with Doug for a few minutes after the show…

Q – At what age did you start singing?

Doug – I started singing about the age 3 and playing the guitar at age 10.

Q – Your children are all in the business right?

Doug – Yeah. One is 28, 23, and my daughter is 17.

Q – Did you ever worry about your children going into the business and what advice have you given them?

Doug – Well, we never forced them to do the the show. They always have the choice to do something with friends and such. The only thing we do ask is if they say they are doing the show that night, they are doing all of it. You know what I mean… they are to be committed to that one show. We let them off if they have something else. They all have different areas they excel in. Different paths and we will see where it takes them.

Q – What drew you to Branson?

Doug – My grandfather lived in Nixa, MO. He would tell us a lot about a place called Branson where the people come to you. I was traveling a lot with my group. I was never home, and I never saw my family. So I came down and checked it out and fell in  love with the town. Been here for 30 years.

Q – You have been in several venues in Branson. How long have you been here at your own theater.

Doug – This is my 3rd year here.

Q – do you still get nervous when you go out on stage?

Doug – Yeah… Oh yeah! Sometimes we have technical problems, but I always try to get to the bottom of that, because I want people to have the best experience at our show.

Q – Do you have plans to expand in the future

Doug – Not really. Branson is pretty tough. I will go on as long as the good Lord wants me to. I have stopped doing that (looking too far ahead). I just take one day at a time. You just go every day for what it is and hope you will grow and grow. We do work very hard at progressing our show and stuff.

Q – Do you have any other hobbies or causes you are passionate about?

Doug – Yeah you saw one of them… songwriting! I love songwriting. I did the ‘Holding Answered Prayer’ song tonight. I love to write and that is my passion right there. I am also passionate about the Lord and concerned about our country. It seems we are going the wrong direction.

This is a show you wont want to miss. It is jam-packed full of great music, laughs, and all-around fun.

Learn More at Doug Gabriel

And check out their Facebook page

More to come on our Stomping our Feet in Branson!

24 Responses to Stomping Our Feet in Branson! Doug Gabriel! #BransonFun

1. Great interview! We didn’t get the chance to go to his show when we were in Branson, but I wish we had!
    Kristen from The Road to Domestication recently posted…Everything You Need to Know About Your OvenMy Profile

2. Sounds like a great show. It must have been so exciting to interview him.
    Ourfamilyworld recently posted…11 Fun Halloween Facts You Really Want to KnowMy Profile

That sounds like such a great show. I would love to see it if I ever made it out that way.

4. This sounds like a great show. We’ve been to Branson a couple of times, and they always have excellent entertainment.
    Stacie @ Divine Lifestyle recently posted…Chicken Salad Cucumber Cups RecipeMy Profile

5. I’d love to go with the family to Branson. I have friends who’ve been, and they say it’s a great time.
    Melissa Pezza recently posted…Peppa Pig’s Big Splash coming to a town near you!! Buy tickets starting 9/19!!My Profile

6. Raijean says:

I went to Branson a few years ago and loved it. I can’t wait to go back, it looks like you guys had fun.
    Raijean recently posted…Need a Massage? Bring the Massage Therapist to You with Soothe Massage-On-DemandMy Profile

7. This sounds like it was a really fun show. Doug Gabriel sounds like a nice guy as well.
    Kelly Hutchinson recently posted…Vegetarian Huevos Rancheros with Fresh Pico de GalloMy Profile

8. Theresa says:

That’s cool that the whole family seems to be musically inclined. He seems to really love what he does!
    Theresa recently posted…Fall Calls For Warm Fruit PunchMy Profile

9. This sounds like a great show! I wish I could see one.
    Chelley @ A is For Adelaide recently posted…#52WeeksA4A: 100 SongsMy Profile

10. Crystal says:

I’m lovely all of the Branson fun you’re posting. I need to get there soon to check it out in person.
    Crystal recently posted…Hotel Transylvania 2 Bento LunchMy Profile

11. Looks like a great show!! I am ready to visit Branson again!!
    Beth@FrugalFroggie recently posted…Why Gazelle is a great place to purchase high-quality certified pre-owned devices.My Profile

12. Jeanine says:

This is great! Branson looks like a happening place to check out. I’d love to visit someday. This looks like a great time!
    Jeanine recently posted…Keeping a Close Eye With the Levana Keera Baby MonitorMy Profile

13. Amber C. says:

I’ve heard so many good things about Branson! I would love to go sometime!

14. It’s amazing to me that someone who has performed as much as he has still gets nervous! What a fun trip you are having!
    Toni | BoulderLocavore recently posted…Spicy Chipotle Pumpkin HummusMy Profile

15. Marcie W. says:

I like the fact that you can enjoy fun, upbeat music. It really looks like there is a ton of fun to be had in Branson.
    Marcie W. recently posted…Colorful Convenience For Back To School With Mabel’s LabelsMy Profile

16. Briana says:

Branson is so much fun for good wholesome family fun! I haven’t been in years but we really enjoyed it when we visited!
    Briana recently posted…Three Powerful and Frugal Tips for Anxiety and Stress ReliefMy Profile

17. Eileen says:

Happy to hear that you had a great time in Branson. I would love to go to shows like that, however, my husband’s health has confined us to staying at home most of the time.
    Eileen recently posted…This Is For You, My Future Daughter-In-LawMy Profile

18. Michele says:

Great interview! It sounds like I would enjoy watching one of these shows in person if I ever get to Branson.
    Michele recently posted…Popcorn Factory Halloween Fright Night GA-3 Winners-US-10/15My Profile

19. What an awesome assortment of music! Must be a great time.
    Seattle Travel Blogger recently posted…After-School Snacks: Healthy New OptionsMy Profile

20. Tracey says:

Great interview! Looks like you had a blast in Branson.

21. Amanda says:

What a great interview! Branson sounds so amazing! I really need to plan a visit with my family!
    Amanda recently posted…11 Lifehacks to Manage the Chaos in Your HouseMy Profile

How neat to get an insider’s view of the show! I definitely would enjoy stomping my feet here
    Christie recently posted…Back to School Fashion for Boys at Kmart | Super Hero ConfidenceMy Profile

23. Melinda says:

what a lively show. I went to Branson many many years ago and only remember LOTS of food and shopping
    Melinda recently posted…NASCAR #MonsterMile Is Fun For The Whole FamilyMy Profile