UH-OH Branson Trip! Titanic and the Wallace Hartley Violin! #Titanic

At 2:20 a.m. on April 15, 1912! It was the day the music stopped and a legend was set into motion!

titanic-wallace-hartley-violin01

The Wallace Hartley Titanic violin commanded the highest price EVER paid for an RMS Titanic artifact when it was sold at auction in October 2013 for $1.7 million dollars to a private collector.

titanic-musician-wallace-hartley-th“RMS Titanic bandleader Wallace Hartley’s violin has become the iconic symbol of the Titanic saga. Found strapped to his body after the sinking, it was returned to his wife-to-be, only to be lost to the world until it resurfaced almost a century later. Now, for the first time since an unnamed owner took possession of the violin, visitors to the Titanic Museum Attractions will be able to experience for themselves, the overwhelming sense of emotion it evokes,” says Mary Kellogg-Joslyn, co-owner of the Titanic Attractions.

“The Titanic violin may never be played again,” admits Mary Kellogg. “But one of the final songs Wallace Hartley was said to have been playing during the ship’s final moments can still be heard in our imaginations:”

Nearer, my God to thee,

Nearer, my God to thee,

Nearer to thee…

titanic-wallace-hartley-violin04 As you may have guessed by now, Visiting the RMS Titanic in Branson was on our to do list for our trip. I was very pleased with the exhibit honoring Hartley and the many talented musicians that performed on the Titanic.

Titanic’s 8-member orchestra boarded at Southampton, England and traveled as second-class passengers. On board they performed as two separate groups – a quintet and a trio.

On the night of the collision the band was instructed to play without interruption in hopes of avoiding panic among the passengers.

titanic-branson-event-musicians

Because of this, they should be honored for their values, honor and sense of duty when they knew and were bound to meet their fate.

Branson’s Titanic Museum has so many true artifacts from the fateful voyage. It is an exciting and educational experience for all ages.

You can also see  another World Exclusive for the entire year

The only Bible saved on the RMS Titanic!

titanic-branson-event-bible ~~~

Now try to get there soon, because the 1.7 Million dollar Violin will be heading out for another engagement.

Titanic Violin Limited Engagement
Branson, MO – March 7 – May 29, 2016
Pigeon Forge, TN – June 5 – August 14, 2016

After that, I was told it will be returned to the private collector who bought it at auction.

Will it be seen again? Good Question!

More on our trip is coming up so stay tuned!

27 Responses to UH-OH Branson Trip! Titanic and the Wallace Hartley Violin! #Titanic

1. Robin Rue (@massholemommy) says:

That is so cool. I totally want to visit there someday!

2. What a heart-warming aspect to the Titanic tragedy. I never knew about this and it pulls on my heart that he was found with the violin strapped to his chest.
    Jessica Harlow recently posted…Comment on Your Cardio Core workout can be so much fun! by Robin Masshole MommyMy Profile

3. tara pittman says:

I used to play the violin. This would be cool to see.
    tara pittman recently posted…Tropical Coconut Mango Smoothie That Is Dairy And Gluten FreeMy Profile

4. I just have to read this twice.. 1.7million?? My God… But well.. It was a really good scene in the movie when they just start playing at the end..
    Ana Fernandez recently posted…Chocolate Chip Cake That’s Life-ChangingMy Profile

5. Elizabeth O. says:

That’s a very beautiful yet tragic story. I got goosebumps while reading the story and looking at the pictures of the violin. I love the engraved message on it, it’s really sweet. I hope it’s in good hands. I wish to see it one day.

6. wow – what an artifact. I can’t imagine spending that kind of money on a violin you can’t play, not that I would spend it on a violin you could play – LOL
    Michelle Gwynn Jones recently posted…CASE FILEMy Profile

7. Victoria says:

Oh, that’s awesome! The titanic is one of those stories that we will always remember and learn about.
    Victoria recently posted…Experience The Movies At Dolby Cinema At AMC Prime #JungleBookEventMy Profile

8. I love visiting museums this Branson Museum I would love to visit soon thanks for sharing your experience
    Adriana Lopez Martin recently posted…Brought the Tecla Award Home!My Profile

9. Amy Jones says:

Wow, i think it is so cool that the article is still in one piece, 2 million almost!? what a crazy number haha.
    Amy Jones recently posted…Pork Twirls Recipe – 30 Minutes MealMy Profile

10. michelle says:

i have always been fascinated by the story of Titanic. i have enjoyed visiting the Titanic exhibit before and would love to see this violin in person
    michelle recently posted…The Flower ChefMy Profile

11. What brave and selfless men that gave up their lives to give comfort to the passengers last hours/ minutes/ seconds.
    Ana De- Jesus recently posted…The Future Is XupesMy Profile

12. R U S S says:

This is cool. I remember that that was the part in the movie that really moved me, it was very brief but it made me cry – so it really happened. I myself salute those musicians. I would love to visit Branson’s Titanic Museum.
    R U S S recently posted…Battle Plan: Strong, not skinny.My Profile

13. Aziel Morte says:

I would love to learn playing violin and it makes me feel relax

14. This sounds like it would be fascinating to see. I love going to Branson and haven’t been in years.
    Stephanie Pass recently posted…Create a Mom-on-the-Go Car Kit!My Profile

15. Bernadette Callahan says:

Love museums, we like to go wander around downtown here because there are a few good ones. This violin has such a cool history!

16. Nicole Escat says:

This is cool. I love music that’s why i love music instruments. I can play guitar and still looking forward for another instrument.

17. Marielle Altenor says:

Wow I’m impressed they were able to recover this. I wonder who is the collector might be.

18. shiv blogs says:

This is a fantastic place to see, on my list!

Such a heart wrenching piece. Thinking about it maes me sad. I’m glad they have been remembered.

20. Bismah says:

It is really amazing that some items were found in such good condition. Such a precious message engraved on that violin making it even more special.
    Bismah recently posted…10 Simple Daily Habits for a Cleaner HomeMy Profile

21. Melissa Bernardo says:

Wow! That violin is so cool! I love anything Titanic. So interesting!

22. Sola says:

What an interesting find! History can come in so many fascinating forms and this certainly proves that fact! I’d love to visit the RMS Titanic in Branson.

23. That gave me chills! I would love to see the violin on display.
    Doran @ Haute Beauty Guide recently posted…My Favorite 5 Pieces From the Cabi Arrivederci CollectionMy Profile

24. CourtneyLynne says:

Omg how cool is this?!?! I’ve always been fascinated with Titanic history!!!

25. I can’t even imagine how they felt knowing they were dying but they died doing something they love. The story of the Titanic is really mesmerizing.
    Kathy Kenny Ngo recently posted…One Championship: INTENSEMy Profile

26. Tonya c says:

Wow! Hard to believe is still intact after all these years.

27. Attachment Mummy says:

Wow, that really is a little piece of history. Amazing.