Signaling the end of the summer travel season, Labor Day weekend is the ideal time for travelers seeking a last-minute getaway at great prices. In Orlando, Labor Day weekend is traditionally the most affordable holiday weekend of the year offering savings on average of 10-30 percent over other holiday weekends such as Christmas, New Years and the Fourth of July.
Check out the deals and events for Labor Day Weekend below. For year-round deals, special offers on attraction tickets and vacation planning tips, go to VisitOrlando.com, the website for Orlando’s official tourism association.
DINING: LABOR DAY WEEKEND DEALS
- Food lovers can experience Visit Orlando’s Magical Dining Month, sponsored by American Express, celebrating Orlando’s emerging culinary scene and offering prix fixe dinners at more than 100 of the area’s hottest restaurants for just $35 per meal. Participating restaurants can be found across Orlando, including International Drive and close to theme parks.
HOTEL: LABOR DAY WEEKEND DEALS
- Rosen Shingle Creek – “Labor of Love” special package: three nights and four days for $480 plus tax, between Friday, Sept. 1 and Tuesday, Sept. 5. This package also includes discounts at the resort’s breakfast buffet, bars, spa, golf club and select dining options.
- Crowne Plaza Orlando – “Labor Day Shop and Stay” package, featuring overnight accommodations with a $25 AMEX gift card per night, up to $100 per stay. It also includes complimentary shuttle services and retail discounts at The Florida Mall and other outlets.
- Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel – Two Labor Day weekend deals: 25 percent off Labor Dayweekend rates, or a stay with breakfast included for Labor Day week and weekend. Find rates and package online, or enter promo code “S4B” for the free breakfast offer.
- CoCo Key Hotel And Water Resort – Receive 15 percent off the best available rate with an upgrade to a pool view room for Labor Day weekend.
ATTRACTIONS: LABOR DAY WEEKEND DEALS
- Escape Room Entertainment – Book online with code “TOPHAT.” Book online with code “TOPHAT” for $8 off standard ticket prices during Labor Day weekend. Play between 1 – 5 pm on Sept. 4 to join the Labor Day Party with food, soda, and trivia for prizes.
- Wild Florida – Free park entry for all on Labor Day, Sept 4.
- Harry P. Leu Gardens – Free admission all day on Labor Day, Sept. 4.
- Kayak Central Florida – Receive 25 percent discount on a guided kayak tour for four during Labor Day Weekend.
- Crayola Experience – To thank “True Blue Heroes” over Labor Day weekend, veterans, active and retired military members receive free admission with military ID, Sept. 1-4. Immediate family members also get 25 percent off general admission.
SPECIAL EVENTS: LABOR DAY WEEKEND
- Raglan Road Irish Pub & Restaurant – The sixth annual “Great Irish Hooley” Sept. 1-4, combines a social celebration and high voltage music festival with Irish song, dance, food, hand-crafted cocktails and live music performances starting each day at 3 p.m. There is no cover charge for entry into the event.
- The Ritz-Carlton Orlando is hosting a special event, Labor Day at Highball & Harvest, the resort’s signature restaurant with a buffet featuring Southern-inspired cuisine, Florida craft beers, cask wine, hand crafted cocktails and live entertainment. The event takes place Sunday, Sept. 3 from 5:30-10 p.m. Tickets are $55 for adults; $20 for children 12 and under. Tax and gratuity not included. Reservations are required.
- The Central Florida Film Festival – Showcasing films from around the world, Sept. 1-3 in nearby Ocoee, the festival is celebrating its 12th year. Tickets start at $35, single film tickets and VIP packages are available.
- Sak Comedy Lab is offering a “Pre-Labor Day Show” on Sunday, Sept. 3 at 7:30 p.m. Ticket prices are $17 for General Admission, $14 for Florida residents and $10 for military/student/hospitality discount tickets.
The Orlando Destination
Home to seven of the world’s top theme parks, Orlando is the No. 1 family vacation destination, Theme Park Capital of the World®, and most visited destination in the United States. An unparalleled mix of unique experiences create cherished memories for visitors, including legendary theme parks from Disney, Universal and SeaWorld, an array of world-class water parks, entertainment venues, an award-winning food scene, shopping, sports and nightlife. And, with 450 hotels, Orlando offers more lodging options than nearly any other destination in the world, from expansive resorts to uniquely themed hotels.
About Visit Orlando
Visit Orlando is the official tourism association for the most visited destination in the United States, with representation in more than a dozen countries around the world. Visit Orlando, together with its 1,200 member organizations, represents the area’s leading industry.