Mint Dipping Sauce
- 1large bunch fresh mint, leaves picked
- 1teaspoon sugar
- Salt, to taste
- 1cup Amy & Brian’s Coconut Juice w/ lime
For Coconut Shake and Bake
- 1whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 2tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons garlicpowder
- 1/4teaspoon ground cayenne pepper, optional
- 3/4cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs or coarse bread crumbs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For mint coconut dipping sauce– Place mint leaves, salt, Amy & Brian’s Coconut with lime in blender and puree til smooth. Transfer to bowl and place in refrigerator. For the coconut shake and bake: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking tray with parchment paper. Put the chicken in a bowl, drizzle with vegetable or coconut oil and toss to coat. Season the chicken with garlic powder and cayenne pepper, if using. Toss to coat evenly. Put the shredded coconut and bread crumbs in a resealable bag. In batches, add the chicken pieces to the bag. Close the bag and shake to distribute the coconut and panko bread crumbs evenly. Remove the chicken pieces from the bag and place on the prepared baking tray. Repeat the coating process in batches with the remaining chicken. Bake the chicken in the oven until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through, approximately 45 minutes. Serve with the Mint Coconut Dipping Sauce. I just love it.
Now That is a great twist to the Shake n Bake………..